The technique we will learn about is sewing on vinyl. You will find it isn’t as difficult as you think!
I’ll be teaching this class at McCausland Hall (Maritime Museum) at 11:00 am.
If you come at 10:30, I will give a little talk on ironing and pressing. It’s interesting stuff!
So stop by Stitches to sign up and get your 15% discount when buying supplies for this project.
Two 10” x 16-1/4” coordinating fabric rectangles for exterior and lining
14” x 18” piece of vinyl – clear 8 guage
Two 3-1/2” x 16-1/4 strips
Two 1-1/2” x 16-1/4” strips
Two 2” x 16-1/4” strips
2” x WOF strip
4 yards coordinating ½” wide double fold binding
10” x 16-1/4” fusible fleece rectangle
Vinyl sewing foot
Size 14 sewing machine needle sharp
General Sewing Supplies pins, 6” ruler, clips, bobbins, scissors, snips, rotary cutter, thread
* Each person is required to wear a mask at all times while in the classroom.
* Disinfectant will be provided for bathroom and other communal areas.
* An iron and ironing board is the only item provided to class use. You are required to bring all other items. Disinfectant will be provided to clean the iron after each use.
* Each student will be provided with a 5'-6' table (and a chair) so you will have enough room to sew, cut and practice social distance.
* Other restrictions may be added at any time.